Submit For Our Anthology!
Accepting monthly submissions from child artists, photographers, and writers for our 2023 anthology.
Writing & Art Prompt Submission Guidelines
- Only open to children 17 and under.
- Kids can work on the front/back of the printed PDF or create their own document to submit.
- Writers are limited to 1,000 words, handwritten or typed. (If you have a child who wants to write more, submit the first 1,000 words.)
- Visual artists are limited to one page. Images can be black and white or color.
- Photographers can submit up to 3 images, black and white or color.
- Simply attach a scan or photo of your child’s or student’s work and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- TEACHER OR PARENT contact information should be in the body of the email, along with the age of the child. Children should never submit their own work.
- Put “August Prompt” in the subject line. (New prompts will be updated throughout the year. You can submit for any previous month at any time.)
- If chosen to be published, guardians will be contacted and children compensated for their work.
General Submission Guidelines
To cultivate healthy collaborations with prolific youth and their families, we welcome proposals from children with brilliant ideas who want to see them grow. If you are the parent of an exceptional child that has a creative idea for a book, play, film, or social demonstration, please submit a proposal. We also welcome proposals from artists, professionals, schools, organizations, and businesses that want to collaborate with us on one of our projects. Charlie’s Port will examine the possibilities of working together.
Charlie’s Port nurtures the talent of young people. We only accept literary works, art, or ideas that are created by children, ages 17 and under. We do not accept writing or artwork from anyone over 17. We commission all writing and artwork created by adults.
Guidelines vary, depending upon the type of submission. We accept humanitarian and ministry campaign ideas, stand-up comedy acts, visual art collections, screenplays, plays, poems, short stories, and middle grade / young adult books and proposals. As long as it has been created by a child, we will accept the submission. Send a query to email@example.com. Include the following in the body of an email and/or in attachments.
- Child’s name and bio (activities, accomplishments, hobbies, etc.)
- Parent/Guardian contact information. (If you are a teacher, minister, librarian or other professional, explain why you are submitting the work and what you would like to see happen.)
- The proposal: A proposal to us can be a completed book, play, screenplay or poem. It can be a work in development. It can be a plan for a social mission, a social demonstration, or photos of visual art for a gallery proposal. (Note: If you are submitting a completed middle grade or YA book, send a sample of the first 1-3 chapters, explaining that the book is completed. If you are submitting a work in progress, you can submit a portion.)
Charlie’s Port is a nonprofit organization with a 501(c)(3) status. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Every little bit helps, and we thank you for your donation!